Friday 10 January 2014

- MAKEUP FRENZY


Real Techniques Brush set by Samantha Chapman £20.99 rrp


Rimmel London 'Wake Me Up' Foundation £6.99 
(I also use the WMU concealer £3.49)

MAC 'Pink Swoon' blusher £18.00


Naked Palette £37.00


 MAC 'Deep Dark Brunette' Brow Pencil £15.50
Rimmel London 'Scandal Eyes' Liquid Liner £3.49
Benefit 'They're Real' Mascara £19.50


Above are images of my everyday makeup wear. Whether it be for college or a day out shopping, I personally don't feel the need to use more than a few products. Here is a little mini-guide to my makeup application of my favorite products. 

1. The Real Techniques brushes are my Mother's greatest buy yet! (Christmas present, of course) The set of 4 brushes together includes:

♥ Detailer Brush: I use this brush to conceal areas on my face, or, to use for my lipstick to enhance definition
♥ Pointed Foundation Brush: I don't tend use this brush for its main use, instead I prefer to use it to blend my foundation and concealer.
♥ Buffing Brush: Aka my foundation brush! It's chunky and I'd much rather use a larger brush to apply my overall coverage.
♥ Contour Brush: This delicately applies my blush/bronzer giving it a sheer, soft finish on my skin

2. The Wake Me Up Foundation is a new-found favorite of mine. After using MAC and Benefit 'Hello Flawless' for years, I decided to mix things up a bit. I was drawn into buying this product after hearing Tanya Burr's opinion on YouTube of her top 5 Drugstore Foundations.The product gives my skin a fabulous glow and highlight. I personally recommend it for anyone. 

Find Tanya Burr's video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-i9kW6qd1I

3. I only ever use my MAC blusher when I give myself more than 5 minutes to get myself ready on a morning (which isn't often). However when I do, the subtle pink tone lightens up my cheekbones and adds extra highlight. For night's out, I wear a bronzer by Natural Collection and use the contour brush with this also.

4. The Naked Palette. What more can I say? Other than I must invest in the second and third edition! Before application, I place the Urban Decay Primer that came free with the palette onto my eye-lids for long-lasting wear. The shades that I use for everyday are 'Sin' 'Naked' and 'Sidecar'. They give a natural tone and blend with my skin colour. Nights out, I blend either 'Toasted' 'Smog' and 'Hustle' with one another. I love dark brown eyes with a shimmer! I deffo recommend this look for girls with green eyes. 

5. I have natural shaped eyebrows with a dark tint so I rarely use my MAC brow pencil. When in need of shading or defining edges, I would lightly cover my brows. 

6. Usually, I never wear liquid eyeliner. However recently, I've found an easy application by using a liquid liner pen. I don't have a steady hand at all but investing in this product has made applying liner a breeze! For a mere amount, I recommend Rimmel London's Scandal Eyes for anyone who isn't the artistic type.

7. 'They're Real' by Benefit is top in the UK for women's mascara, and I agree! I have quite natural long eyelashes so I don't tend to put a large amount on for everyday. But even without a lot, this product certainly makes your eyes seem wider and fresh.


No comments:

Post a Comment